Sunday, May 4, 2008

Scenes from a Spring Day

What a change from yesterday's weather! Rudy has started trying to climb the tree in our front yard. It won't be long before he can pull himself up.



Rudy and Paul mowed the lawn.


Rudy was supposed to get some toys for outside for his birthday (in November) from Grandmom and Gram. They gave us the money but we never got around to buying anything. Then winter came and we weren't motivated to do it; and we kept changing our minds about what we wanted. So today we finally bought some new toys - a sand and water table (which is going to be a royal mess) and a slide. We also got a small pool which Rudy hasn't seen yet since it's not that warm.



The previous owner of our house was a gardener. I hate to think what she'd say if she saw the yard now. With a dog and a two-year-old we've given up hope of keeping all the flowers from being trampled - we just hope a few survive at this point. So today Rudy was following Lou around as he walked through this flower bed. Lou stopped to relieve himself and I told Rudy to stop following Lou and tried to get Rudy to come out of the bed. Instead Rudy wanted to watch Lou and proceeded to sit down right in the middle of the plants. From the expression on his face, I think he just saw a bug - it was kind of gnatty today and he wasn't enjoying it too much.



1 comment:

  1. You are such nice parents...Max has the same table, but his table is only a water table in his mind. I hate sand and he doesn't know that it is actually meant for sand as well...I will have to keep him away from Rudy's :)

    ReplyDelete