Today was our fundraiser walk (thanks to everyone who sponsored us -we ourselves raised almost $500 and by the time the walk started, the agency had already raised over $11,000- and donations are still coming in). The weather cooperated in that it didn't rain and wasn't so cold we were shivering - but it certainly wasn't a nice spring day. We walked just over 3 miles and Rudy probably walked about half of that (which, translated means Paul or I carried him for about half of the walk). Towards the end, only the lure of hot dogs when we finished kept him going. Then after walking, we had to go to Rudy's swimming lessons. It was my week to go in with him so as Paul said, Rudy and I both did 2/3 of a triathalon today- and at this point I am really starting to feel it!
A cold spring day on the boardwalk.
Taking a break for some "agua". This was obviously on the way back from the half way point. Rudy would periodically just sit to have some water or play with the sand between the slats of the boardwalk.
Whew! I am tired thinking about it! You were busy today. I am impressed with how much Rudy DID walk. I don't know if any of my kiddos would make it too far. I am so glad the walk was such a big success!
ReplyDeleteReba