Monday, May 19, 2008

Changes

Our little boy is changing every day. Some of the changes are funny and keep Paul and I laughing. Most of the changes show Rudy becoming more and more of a little boy.



He's much more talkative and can tell us what he did during the day (like watch Spiderman and then demonstrate how Spiderman moves his hand). He can name all the "ninos" at his babysitter's. And he's definitely picking things up from them (all except one are older - between 3 and 5 years old). The other day he took a pen and piece of scrap paper from the computer table and said "Eat?". I assumed he wanted to eat so I said "Go ask Poppy". He went walking off with his paper and pen in hand and I realized he was asking for an order. I followed him in to the other room where I told Paul I thought he was trying to take an order. So he asked Paul "Eat?" and Paul ordered a hamburger and french fries and iced tea and Rudy "wrote" it on his piece of paper. He then went into the kitchen to open the refrigerator to take out the iced tea. I found the play food he had and pulled that out instead and told him to use that for Paul.



Rudy has also become much more affectionate. When he first came home, he would give besos to his toys and books and animals. But if a person asked for a beso, he would give you his cheek and allow you to kiss him. He slowly started giving hugs to Paul and I more often until it got to the point that if we picked him up, chances were he would lean in and hug us while we carried him. Just recently he has started giving besos without being asked. If he thinks one of us hurt ourselves, he'll walk over and say "Okay?" and then kiss whatever part of us is closest (usually our leg). And now when he leaves in the morning or goes to bed at night, he will lean in and actually give a beso instead of presenting his cheek.


He picks up things we say and figures out the right context to use them, too. The other day Paul said "Are you kidding me?" in relation to something the dog did. Rudy immediately starting using that phrase (it's a good thing Paul didn't say anything stronger) and of course when we laughed at him, he used it even more. But he used it properly. He would talk on his phone and then hang it up as if he was frustrated and say "Kidding me?". It's just amazing how perceptive he is sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment