Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More Funnies

About a week ago Rudy was telling us he wanted to wear his Spiderman shoes. As far as we know he doesn't have Spiderman shoes, but we told him to go get them and we'd put them on. He went up to his room, got his sneakers, and brought them down. When we asked him if they were his Spider man shoes he said yes. (Note: the shoes are tan with no resemblance that we can see to anything related to Spiderman.) Today we were getting ready to go to the babysitter's and he again told me he wanted his Spiderman shoes. So we went up to his room and he started looking everywhere. I saw them by the closet and directed him there but he kept overlooking them. Finally I went over and picked them up and said "Aren't these your Spiderman shoes?" he told me no and pulled out a different pair - sandals this time and said they were the Spiderman shoes. I wish I knew what makes something a Spiderman shoe!

Tonight while reading books in bed, Rudy kept pulling the sheet over his head and saying "I a caterpillar". A recent Sesame Street episode featured a caterpillar turning into a butterfly.

Rudy is becoming more and more inquisitive. A common question is "What that name?". It's a lot of fun when he says it while we're driving and I have no idea what he's looking at or pointing to. usually I just start naming some of the things I see.

Dinosaurs are still the rage and his dinosaur shirt is requested (demanded?) at leats once a week. While shopping the other night, I found dinosaur pajamas for him. he was so excited when I told him about them but he couldn't wear them last night. Tonight as we were getting ready for bed, I told him I had something for him and he said "dinosaur" and his face lit up. He and primo Max are going to have a lot to talk about since they're both fans of dinosaurs!

The other night while getting dinner ready Rudy was his usual impatient self. We told him we were cooking dinner and we had a hot dog for him. His response was "I like a hotdog!" (It sounded like "Ayh lahk uh hotdog" - combination southern accent and Italian accent.)

At our friend Chrissy's house tonight, the dog was barking as we were leaving so Chrissy's mom, Ellen, told him to 'shush'. On the way home, Rudy kept saying 'shush' as if he was trying it out. Then he started saying "Mommy, Shush". I told him he couldn't say shush to Mommy - just to perros and gatos. He thought about it and then said "Lou, shush". I said, yes when we got home he could tell Lou shush as much as he wanted.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun (and amazing) to watch that vocabulary take off? And how neat that he is already interested in science/dinosaurs and using his imagination (spiderman shoes)! Rudy sounds like he just might be gifted and talented!
    Reba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I wonder how many times we are going to hear Rudy and Max will tell Lucy to "Shush!" this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vocabulary thing is great isn't it? I love to hear her say more and more. I laughed when I read about the southern accent. Lily has a little one too! We have no clue where that has come from!

    ReplyDelete