Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pearly Whites

Rudy had dental surgery today to have caps placed on his four front teeth. The surgery was much quicker than they said it would be and Rudy was a trooper. As the nurse was taking off his blood pressure cuff and removing the pulse monitor, she left the IV tube for a while and he was not happy about that. Every time he would look at his arm he would start to cry again, so she finally just took it out.
He was a little like Sybil the rest of the day (of course he's always like that - must be the age - but today he was 100 times worse), one minute he was happy and laughing and the next crying over some little thing. And once home he would not take off the medias from the hospital (which were adult size so they kept sliding off his feet) or his bracelet.
Here are some before pictures.







And after.







It really changes the way his smile looks. The teeth look bigger and even make him look a little older.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty teeth, Rudy! I can't wait to see them in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the big smile! Poor little guy...I bet he just felt off kilter all day. Hopefully tomorrow will be much better and he will show those pearly whites all day. :)
    Reba

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you are right he does look a LOT older! I am sorry that he had to go through the surgery though :-( I hope that he is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete