Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Language Skills

Rudy's language is improving daily. Paul and I are continually surprised and impressed by the things he says. The other day he put together an entire sentence (and being the good parents we are, we don't remember what it was!). He is stringing words together pretty much all the time now and has a lot to say. When playing, or in the car, he will often just talk to himself the whole time. This morning he was playing with magnets on the refrigerator and said "Snowman under Chrissy". I was amazed that not only did he use 'under' but he stated it correctly.

He's also very much into telling us things he sees and does and he says it all with such enthusiasm. Yesterday I came home and my dad was here with Rudy and they were watching "trains". When Rudy heard it was me at the front door he came running out - not to greet me but to say "Mommy, trains. Trains, Mommy! Coming?"

When we praise Rudy for something he is always very proud of himself and wants to share his success with someone else. If Paul or I are not around, he'll tell us about it when we return. Sometimes he wants to tell Cathy (his babysitter) or Patti (his aunt and buddy). He loves to be told what a good job he did or get a high five. And he will return the praise if he can. If he knows Paul or I are in the bathroom when we come out he'll tell us "Good job".

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing to watch those verbal skills come alive? I can tell you that even with our nine year old, I am blown away with the vocabulary sometimes. (Joshua isn't blowing us away yet but he understands quite a bit) How fun! It just gets more fun...just wait and see!
    Reba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Although, I give you a few more months until you start wishing he didn't talk so much :) (And, Aunt Patti is always proud of her buddy!)

    ReplyDelete