Monday, June 9, 2008

More Summer Fun (and not so fun)

Sunday we took Rudy to the beach for the first time. We met our friends Vincie and Andy and their sons Tyler and Noah. Rudy was so excited to go. Here he's sitting patiently waiting for sunscreen (boy am I envious of that Guatemalan skin - not yet a bit of pink even if we forget sunscreen just golden brown).




Then he and Paul played in the water. He had a great time and Paul said he kept trying to walk further and further out.




This is the beginning of things to come...




When he and Paul came out of the water, Rudy started rubbing his eyes. We thought he might have gotten sunscreen or sand in his eyes - or even some salt water. So we tried wiping his eyes with a towel, but on the beach it's hard to get rid of sand completely and as soon as we wiped his eyes, he would rub them again and add more sand. Long story short, we ended up leaving the beach and trying to decide if we needed to go to urgent care. We decided if he feel asleep on the way home, we would go home and see how he was when he woke up. He slept on the way home, but woke up slightly, whimpered and rubbed his eyes again. So we decided we should stop at urgent care. We got out of the car and he started to wake up. We walked in to the building and I realized his eyes were wide open, no redness and he hadn't rubbed them yet. Rudy spotted a water cooler and asked for some aqua so we gave him a few cupfuls and realized he was fine. Yes, we then walked out of urgent care feeling a little silly but glad he was okay. We went home and the kids played in the backyard and in the pool for the rest of the evening.




2 comments:

  1. Ahh, the joys of motherhood! All that decision making and worrying. Isn't it fun? I had to smile today. I was working in my prayer journal. It has been a little while since I used it (I have prayed just not written stuff down). Guess what my last entry was...praise that Rudy had gotten out of PGN. Last July I believe?
    Reba

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad he was okay!!! Greg and I are also GREEN with envy over Madalyn's gorgeous skin...!!

    Hugs,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete