Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers' Day

We had a fun and relaxing Fathers' Day. We let Paul sleep in late and then made him pancakes for breakfast and had a very lazy morning. After lunch we hung out in the backyard and did some weeding and played with bubbles. Then we took the local train to the nearby city (1 stop away). For Rudy this was the highlight. We didn't even tell him we were taking the train until about an hour before we left and he couldn't wait. So we rode the train, did a little shopping at the outlets, and then walked to Paul's favorite Italian restaurant for dinner. Paul and I pretty much order the same thing every time we're there so it was veal parm for him and chicken parm for me. Rudy had ravioli and a meatball which he loved. After dinner we walked back to the train, rode home and stopped at the grocery store. I ran in for one thing and by the time I got back, Rudy was almost asleep. He fell completely asleep on the two minute car ride home. So as of 6:45pm he was asleep in his crib. We're a little afraid what this means for the rest of our night - will he wake up at 10pm or 4am and be wide awake? But he didn't nap and had a very busy weekend so he just might sleep through the night.
It's a very strange evening for Paul and I - we're both sitting in the den reading. I don't think we've done this since October! It was a good Fathers' Day for everyone here. Friday's theme for pictures is Daddy and Me so I'll be posting lots of pictures of Paul and Rudy then.
Happy Fathers' Day to the best Poppy in the world. I can't imagine going through all this without you!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Father's Day Paul! I am glad that you had a great day!

    PS: I totally understand the Marriott furniture thing! I do the same thing everytime I watch Adoption Stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Poppy's Day, Paul! Rudy is lucky to have such a fun Poppy.

    ReplyDelete