Saturday, August 30, 2008

Vacation Pictures

I am going to try to sort these by days so they go along with my posts. Our camera, which has never been the greatest and I am always yelling about how much I hate, decided to die at the end of the week. It was actually good timing since we had taken all the important pictures by Thursday night. And I say die but Paul and I may have had a little part in it: he dropped the camera in the sand while on the jeep tour looking at horses and the side where the USB port connects was full of sand, we had the camera with us, and open quite a bit while on the sand dunes and it was pretty windy, and I dropped the camera very hard Thursday night when we got back to the house. I'll have to borrow my dad's camera for a while so I can continue to take new pictures and I guess we will need to consider buying a new one - suggestions welcome.
So here are pictures.

Day 1 - leaving home (Gato had to be belted in too)



riding the ferry





crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel



having fun with the horses (he still talks about them by name- Mama's Boy and Pony Boy)





Day 2 - Grandpa showing Lucy the horses



at the zoo (in front of a big cow)





Day 3 - in the pool





at the beach at sunset



Day 4 - beach





Wright Brothers Museum and Memorial





Day 5 - horses







snake



bike riding







Day 6 - Jockey ridge State Park - the dunes











the aquarium





waiting for the trolley in the rain



all of us on the trolley



Day 7 - kayaking







Currituck Lighthouse





the beach at dusk







Day 8 - family pictures (Patti bought the matching shirts for Rudy and Max)
silly boys (and girl)









our family



who knows how to work the timer on the camera?





2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures, well, maybe not the snake. Yuck. :) I LOVE beach pictures. The dunes look incredible...I can just picture my kids having a fun time on those. I cannot get over how grown up Rudy looks...he looks like he had a wonderful time. I have so enjoyed reading about your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures! it looks like you guys had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete