Monday, August 11, 2008

Primos and a Pool, Boys and a Baby

It was another busy weekend for us. On Saturday we went to a pool party that Renee's aunt and uncle had. The weather was cooler than it has been and I probably wouldn't have even gone in the pool, but that is one of those decisions you no longer get to make when you have a child who doesn't care how cold it is. Max was dropped off at the pool party and hung out with us and then came home with us.

Here are the boys in the pool.



Here are the boys realizing the hot tub was much better than the pool.



What is a party without corn on the cob!



And of course, the best way to end the night... watching a little Dora and then the Olympics.



Max is a big sports fan, just like Chris was when he was younger (and still is). So Max requested to watch the Olympics before bed. it was good because it got Paul and I interested in them and now we've been watching them every night. On Sunday morning Max and I were the first two up and he wanted to watch the Olympics again. I had a lot of fun trying to answer questions about sports I didn't even know existed, such as handball. Sadly, Max knew more about it than I did!


On Sunday we went to visit my friend Vincie, her husband Andy and her sons Tyler, Noah and new baby Sean. Rudy was very excited to see Baby Sean but it wasn't until the end when we were trying to take pictures that he would consent to hold him.









2 comments:

  1. Max has been watching as much of the Olympics as possible. After dinner tonight he watched an Equestrian event - or, in his words "Horse obstacle course". When we went outside to play tonight he asked his buddy Jason if he wanted to play Handball. They ended up throwing and kicking the ball back and forth to each other. (Just like every night, but tonight it had a different name!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend. It was cool here today, unusually so...I think the kids were hoping to swim. It doesn't feel like August. The new baby is precious. Oh, I know little about the Olympics. Hunter is teaching me...he is addicted! Who knew synchronized diving was a sport in the Olympics?

    ReplyDelete