Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Biking, take 3

Again we took Rudy out to ride his bike. This time from the moment we left the house, he straddled his bike and walked it. Whenever we suggested he sit on the seat and use the pedals we were met with an emphatic "NO!". Paul and I even tried modeling bike riding by taking turns riding my bike around Rudy. It didn't work very well.





Finally, when Rudy was getting tired, I suggested I ride his bike and he sit on my lap (it sounded good at the time). He agreed but it really didn't work as well as I thought. For all the comments from my husband and brothers making fun of my height (or lack thereof), I was too tall to ride Rudy's bike.



After sitting on my lap, though, Rudy was a little more willing to try to ride the bike.




I don't know that much progress was made but he still enjoys riding his bike- even if 'riding' to Rudy means walking it.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure the first day on vacation with Max, Rudy will start "copying" Max riding his bike :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is resourceful. He will get it. That pedaling thing is really hard. Maria kind of got it last year but this year is when she really seems to have caught on. I guess the good news is Rudy is getting exercise either way. :)
    Reba

    ReplyDelete