~The first Sunday of every month is Children's Sunday at our church (AKA Chaos Sunday). For the petitions, everyone is invited to write prayers on an index card and the children collect them. The priest then reads them for our prayers. One week Rudy was sitting with the choir and working hard on his card. He handed it in as the prayers were going on, so everyone pretty much knew when the prayer was read, it was his. His card said, "For my cat and my mom and dad and N." After mass our priest gave us the card to keep.
~ Rudy: It says, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but that's not true for donuts. I wish it was."
Me: (after trying to hide my laughter) I think it's talking about life experiences, not food.
Rudy: You mean like falling off a cliff?
Me: Yes, I guess it could apply to that.
~ Since we've had N with us Rudy constantly fluctuates between being annoyed by him and trying to be helpful and a "big kid". Some days he just picks up a dust pan, after I mutter that I really need to clean, and sweeps the floor for me. Other days he yells at and about everything N does- he's looking at me, he hit me, he spit at me. We are trying to cherish the good days. The other day I was getting N dressed and Rudy needed help with his sandals. I noticed his toe nails needed to be cut so I sent him to get the nail clippers. It took a long time for him to come back and when he did he came into the room yelling, "Who's a big kid? I just cut my nails!" They weren't perfect but there was no blood drawn either!
~ Rudy: It says, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but that's not true for donuts. I wish it was."
Me: (after trying to hide my laughter) I think it's talking about life experiences, not food.
Rudy: You mean like falling off a cliff?
Me: Yes, I guess it could apply to that.
~ Since we've had N with us Rudy constantly fluctuates between being annoyed by him and trying to be helpful and a "big kid". Some days he just picks up a dust pan, after I mutter that I really need to clean, and sweeps the floor for me. Other days he yells at and about everything N does- he's looking at me, he hit me, he spit at me. We are trying to cherish the good days. The other day I was getting N dressed and Rudy needed help with his sandals. I noticed his toe nails needed to be cut so I sent him to get the nail clippers. It took a long time for him to come back and when he did he came into the room yelling, "Who's a big kid? I just cut my nails!" They weren't perfect but there was no blood drawn either!
No comments:
Post a Comment