This afternoon we decided to head to the beach. We decided rather than going to the ocean, we would check out a local beach on a lake. The sun was warm, but there was a little breeze. The water was nice, although it was cold when you were wet. The boys immediately checked out the water. A little cold air wasn't going to stop them.
It was nice that Paul and I didn't have to go all the way in the water with them, the way we would have in the ocean. Here the two enjoy a little snack in the water.
Rudy got to use his new boogie board, even without waves.
N then inherited Rudy's old board, that he's still trying to figure out how best to use.
I love the way cedar water looks (although I may not be saying that after Rudy's white rash guard isn't so white anymore!)
N blowing bubbles.
I had to prove we were there, too. And the only way to get a picture of us is the self portrait.
At the very end, Rudy tried to show N how to splash water at him. As soon as N made an attempt to do it, Rudy pretended he had been knocked down by it and jumped and dove into the water. N obviously loved his reaction and the two of them played like this for a good 10 or 15 minutes with N cracking up every time Rudy fell down. No matter what Rudy says about wishing he had a brother closer to his age, I think he's starting to enjoy the one he has right now.
It was nice that Paul and I didn't have to go all the way in the water with them, the way we would have in the ocean. Here the two enjoy a little snack in the water.
Rudy got to use his new boogie board, even without waves.
N then inherited Rudy's old board, that he's still trying to figure out how best to use.
I love the way cedar water looks (although I may not be saying that after Rudy's white rash guard isn't so white anymore!)
N blowing bubbles.
I had to prove we were there, too. And the only way to get a picture of us is the self portrait.
At the very end, Rudy tried to show N how to splash water at him. As soon as N made an attempt to do it, Rudy pretended he had been knocked down by it and jumped and dove into the water. N obviously loved his reaction and the two of them played like this for a good 10 or 15 minutes with N cracking up every time Rudy fell down. No matter what Rudy says about wishing he had a brother closer to his age, I think he's starting to enjoy the one he has right now.

No comments:
Post a Comment