Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Eggs-cellent Easter

After several days of cold, dreary, rainy weather, we awoke on Easter morning to discover a warm day, getting warmer by the minute. What a nice Easter surprise!
Rudy was soooooo excited that Easter was coming. He kept getting out of bed the night before and telling us he saw the Easter bunny outside, and Paul and I better go to bed or he wouldn't come. Of course, he was up early and ready to see what he got. He was very happy that the Easter bunny gave him a Star Wars leapster game!




After a leisurely morning we headed to church. When we got there, I realized I hadn't taken a picture of Rudy yet, and I wanted to make sure I got one before he was no longer fully or neatly dressed. He was his usual cooperative self the first time I took the picture,







but then gave me a little smile. He had been asking to wear a tie and was so excited when I found a "kids size" tie for him. He proudly wore it at church (and got many compliments on it) and then didn't want to take it off for the rest of the day, and kept it surprisingly clean!




After mass, there was an Easter egg hunt. Here he is anxiously waiting to start.



And they are off!



Rudy, like many of the other littler kids, picked and chose which eggs to grab, and would walk over ten just to get to one!







Our priest was taking this picture of Rudy and these girls, and I couldn't resist getting a quick shot. Talk about a thorn among roses!



Showing off his bucket of eggs.




After church we went out to lunch with my dad. I hesitated to include this picture because Paul is the only one that looks great in it, but it's the only family picture we took.




For dinner, we walked over to Paul's aunt's house. Rudy wore his tie because he wanted to be the handsomest one there.


He loves all the toys he finds at Aunt Pat's house - left over from when her boy were little.






Sean had to prove that he could be handsome, too, so he got dressed up (for about 3 minutes, then took the tie off and eventually the shirt.)



Nothing like a little driveway bowling to work off a big Easter dinner!





I think every time we are at Pat's house, Rudy ends up snuggled with someone in this chair watching TV. It is the best and most comfortable seat in the house!




Walking home and playing with the transformer he got from Aunt Pat. By the way, transformers have gotten so much harder than when we were kids. Even trying to follow the picture directions is impossible!


1 comment:

  1. I have always found Transformers tough. Looks like you had a very happy Easter! He for sure is the handsomest guy around...

    ReplyDelete