Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Eggs

Even though I have been dyeing Easter eggs for as long as I can remember, I seem to be learning something new the past few years. Last year I discovered (after Easter) that if you dye fresh eggs, they can be hard to peel. So I got smart this year and a few weeks ago, stocked up on eggs so I would have some to dye that weren't fresh. Then last night when I pulled them out of the refrigerator, I realized I had bought brown eggs. I think I did the same thing last year! This year I was not going to run out and buy new eggs, so we dyed them. They turned out really colorful - the colors are darker and deeper and look different than just blue and red and green.


Even more amazing is the fact that Paul got in on the act this year. He is very meticulous about his work, so he dyed two or three eggs while Rudy and I powered through the rest. But at least he joined in the fun!



Like father, like son.




Rudy adding some stickers to the finished products!













1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed that Rudy did that with a white shirt and it was still white at the end! I need to remember that about the brown eggs. I had some I had forgotten to refrigerate...I should have boiled them and dyed them. I will have to try that next year.

    ReplyDelete