Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hard Work for Some

On Saturday Paul and I decided to tackle a big project of taking out a flower bed from our front yard. Before we were ready to head out, Rudy went to play in the back yard. It was a hot day and by the time Paul and I headed to the front, Rudy was hot and tired, so we brought out a blanket and some toys and he relaxed (for a while).

We left the bush in the middle but took everything else out. This is in the beginning stages. Rudy eventually decided he wanted to help but kept swinging a shovel around that we had to take away from him. It went from bad to worse and eventually I took him in to calm him down while Paul finished the work (Really, I had done all I could- he had to do the heavy digging. And it ended up working well for him because several neighbors came over and offered tools that helped a lot.)


The finished project- and then Paul bought soil and grass seed and a day later we got rain. So hopefully by spring we will have a nice grassy patch instead of dirt.





No comments:

Post a Comment