Friday, April 2, 2010

First Day of Spring Break

Not only is today the first day of our Spring/Easter break. But it is also a week of unemployment for me. I left my job on Thursday and don't start my new one until April 12. I will be teaching adults computer classes at a local career school. I teach there at night, but will now be teaching days too. I will have Fridays off, which I am REALLY looking forward to, since I will continue to work nights for now.
But because of Good Friday, all of us were off today and the weather was gorgeous, so after taking care of a few other things early in the day, we headed out to the park after lunch.


Here is our Guatemalan soccer star hard at work.





After running around chasing and kicking the ball for about 30 minutes, Rudy decided to go to the playground for a while. He went down the slides a few times, but spent most of his time on the swings.
As Paul described him - he looks like he was in a fight between the bandaid on his face (the result of a pimple he scratched and keeps messing with) and the dirty knees (the result of running around on a soccer field).



After dinner, we colored Easter Eggs. Paul took a few pictures and then watched the proceedings (amazing that I would say this about him and not me - but he's a little too much of a control freak to enjoy decorating eggs with Rudy.)
Everything all set up.



Demonstrating how to write on the egg with a candle before coloring it.


Aren't these the neatest things? It's like a pair of tongs or scissors but they are specially made to hold eggs. I know I had a pair or two last year, but I think Rudy played with them and they broke (what do I expect for a dollar or two?), so I had to buy a new one.


Getting creative with the food coloring.



Showing off the finished product (and if you look closely at Rudy's hand, you'll see he's making the sign Spiderman does wen he throws his web - it's not a gang symbol!).

1 comment:

  1. I am happy you get a little break before starting your new job. Your eggs are beautiful. I just read in a magazine the idea to put the egg into the center of a whisk so kids can hold it without breaking it. We will color tomorrow. I have a lot of boiling to do... Love the pictures. I wondered what was on his nose/face. :)

    ReplyDelete