Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Thanksgiving Birthday

Since Rudy's birthday fell on Thanksgiving this year, we weren't able to go out and do anything special today but we did have a fun day. First we went to Grandpa's house for breakfast with Grandpa, Aunt Barbara, and Sr. Marian Jude. This is Rudy all ready to go on a sunny car ride.



After breakfast we came home and gave Rudy his birthday present - a guitar. Videos to come later with some great singing and playing.







He played his guitar for a while and then we went outside to rake leaves yet again (and we're still not done!). After that we took Lou for a walk. Lou must be paying Rudy - every weekend he now talks about taking Lou out for a walk!



After the walk, we tried to get Rudy to take a nap. he didn't fall asleep last night until almost 11pm and was awake at 6:45am so we figured he had to be tired. No such luck, though. He was in his room for about 1 1/2 hours and didn't fall asleep. And to top it off, now that he's 3, he's discovered he can just get out of bed when he wants and come downstairs. Paul was napping and I was watching a movie. In the monitor I could hear Rudy calling me and talking and all of a sudden his voice sounded very distant. A minute later I heard noises on the stairs so I ran to investigate. As I got to the bottom of the steps, Rudy had arrived at the landing above me. he told me "I throw tissue away and then I come find you." I also discovered many different toys in his bed that I had not given him before I left the room at nap. It was a nice run we had where he wouldn't get out of bed without us being there but I guess he's decided he's 3 now and can do what he wants. We'll see if it was a fluke or something that will start happening regularly.

So after his non-nap, we had to wait a few more hours before going to Aunt Pat's house for dinner. It was finally time and it was a nice day so we decided to walk over. We had a great dinner and a lot of fun and Rudy got to help his favorite person - Loco Neil - make the mashed potatoes. Here he is with Sean and Neil wearing his apron and mashing potatoes.



2 comments:

  1. What a perfect present! I can't wait to be serenaded tomorrow :) -Patti

    ReplyDelete