Saturday, May 31, 2014

Birch Grove Park Walk

On a recent Sunday, we decided to forgo church and take a walk. Rudy chose his outfit- khakis and a button down shirt so that "people would think I went to church" and to show "I worship God".  So after laughing for a few minutes, we headed out.

When we tell Rudy we're going for a walk, we usually meet with a little resistance- "I don't want to", "I don't like it there", but the minute we arrive he is off running, climbing and exploring.



The roots from two trees formed a natural bench.



Pollen in the water made some cool designs. (and if you look carefully, there's a turtle swimming around).



A curved tree


Some bumpy exposed roots


The King of the World


Oh, and he also put gel in his hair. Hiker and God worshiper extraordinaire.






Lily pads. We never did see any frogs, although the noisily running boy may have had something to do with that!





We may be heathens for skipping church, but we certainly enjoyed being out in God's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment