Then he climbed over the guardrail that everyone else walked around.
He ran ahead of the guide or walked right next to the guide for the first half of the walk. After the guide pointed out walnuts on the ground, Rudy went around collecting them and then throwing them.
The biggest hit last year and this year is the owl pellets. Under an owl house are regurgitated animal bones. Rudy had fun cleaning them off and trying to figure out what kind of bone they were.
He showed them off to our friend, Paul. (Yes, we had two Pauls today, so when talking to me Rudy would refer to them as "Paul Paul" and "Dad Paul.")
I decided today that Rudy's mantra must be what Robert Frost said,
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,"
Anytime he could he traveled off the path and explored. He is definitely a "road...less traveled" kind of kid.
After running and being at the front on the way out on the hike, we were all the way at the end on the way back.
Looks like a very fun day! There have been some bald eagle sightings in our area but I haven't seen them yet. :( I need to go out for a hike. Are you all getting snow?
ReplyDelete