Thursday, June 28, 2012

First Boardwalk Day

Last Friday we were all off and decided it would be a good day for our first trip to the boardwalk rides. We didn't count on the day being quite as hot as it was, so we didn't stay for very long- plus a thunderstorm was heading in- but we enjoyed the time we were there.
Our friend, Paige, spent the day with us, too. Before going to the boardwalk, she and Rudy hung out at the table- Paige colored and Rudy built with legos. Rudy loves having Paige around.


The first ride - the carousel.


Paige is as much as of a daredevil as Rudy is, so they went on pretty much every ride together. The buccaneer...


... the tilt a whirl...



...and the caterpillar roller coaster (which, once Paul got one, he realized he probably didn't need to be on it with them - but it was too late . I think he enjoys it and just wanted an excuse to ride it!)


Then we attempted the log flume. We haven't been on this ride but I thought Rudy would really enjoy it. Paul decided to watch, so Paige, Rudy and I headed on.


Rudy was concerned when we got in about why we weren't strapped in. I should have known then it might not go well. Getting on the log flume is tricky since it continues moving, so I had the two of them get in first and then jumped on myself. Therefore, I was in front and they were together in the back. I think this also made Rudy uncomfortable.


By the time we were heading straight up, he was not happy and wanted to get off.


So on the way down, I am reaching back trying to hold him around the seat as best I can. As much as I don't really like roller coasters, I've always liked the log flume, but I don't think I will be able to convince Rudy to go back on it for a long time!



No comments:

Post a Comment