Monday, December 27, 2010

Snow Storm Day 2

This is what we woke up to - the snow stopped falling but it was windy for most of the day.

The backyard (through a window).


The back door...

... too deep even for a Swissy- this is the first year he wasn't excited about the snow and running around in it. His age is definitely showing.


The view out the front door.








By about 9 I ventured out to take some pictures and start some shoveling. Paul has been sick the last few days so I got most of the shoveling done, gradually over the day.











The drifts of sow looked really cool on the roofs.















The boy ready to brave the snow.




It was really deep - the snow came top at least my knees, so on Rudy it was almost waist-high.




And of course he had to sit down or fall in it several times.








As I shoveled in the front, he kept asking for the shovel, which I couldn't give to him, so I gave him a brush and told him he could clean off my car. That lasted about a minute and then he much nprefered to stand behind me ad throw snow at me while I shoveled.





The completed walkway.



1 comment: