Sunday, November 28, 2010

Rudy's Fifth Birthday

Saturday was Rudy's birthday. He came downstairs in the morning saying "I'm really five now!" First we had presents:
A new Leapster game



a puzzle and a dinosaur board game...


... which he was very happy to have.



So we immediately played the dinosaur game.



Then his breakfast request was pancakes with chocolate chips and cinnamon chips (I made a few with each- not combined). I added a little whipped cream for his birthday.





In the evening we headed to a local farm. We had hoped to ride a horse-drawn hayride, but that had ended for the night. So we walked around.













Rudy visited briefly with Santa.







Then we headed out to the play area in the dark and cold. Rudy had so much fun playing on all the equipment.








This cat came right up to us and wanted attention. Rudy was happy to oblige. Later we saw another child holding the cat and Rudy said, "Hey, that's my cat!"




The whole area was all lit up for Christmas.





Rudy pretended to be a vet and help all the animals.





And then he built some things.



We saw one of the reindeer waiting for Santa.




Rudy rode on the go-carts.





An attempt at a family picture. Notice that Rudy has no gloves on and no hat - he kept taking them off. So much for his Guatemalan blood!







The reindeer again - standing up this time. I was surprised by how small it looked.



All in all I think Rudy had a fun birthday. I can't believe our little boy is five already!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday little man! Your family is so blessed to have you and we are blessed to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Mr. Rudy had a fabulous birthday! I cannot believe he is 5. Where did the time go???

    ReplyDelete