Rudy is in the questioning stage right now. He asks questions about everything and the questions are now the typical "Why?" questions. Some examples:
R: Why are we driving?
Me: We're going home.
R: Why are we going home?
Me: To see Poppy.
R: Why we going to see Poppy?
Me: Because we missed him.
R: Why we missed him?
Me: Because he's been at home.
R: Why he's at home?
Me: Because he's sick.
R: Why he's sick?
Me: Because he didn't feel well.
R: Why he didn't feel well?
Me: Because he's sick.
The last two questions were asked several times over as I had run out of answers and was just repeating the same two answers over and over hoping Rudy would get tired and move on.
He also cracks us up with his questions sometimes:
I was telling him that he and Paul were going to take Grandmom to a doctor's appointment.
R: Grandmom hurt?
Me: Yes.
R: She fell down?
Me: Yes.
R: She go boing?
Me- no answer just laughter
One day on the way home from school Rudy was talking about animals. He was asking my favorite animal and telling me his favorite animal. Then he asked about Poppy's favorite animal.
Me: I don't know since he's not here. Let's ask him when we get home.
R: NO! what Poppy's favorite animal?
Me: he's not here so I don't know. We'll check with him when he gets home.
R: NOOO! What Poppy's favorite animal?
This question repeats several times with me trying different variations of answers including asking him what does he think Poppy's favorite animal is. He is not satisfied with my responses and finally gives up but he is not happy. Then he starts spitting in the back seat. Since I know he's just mad, I ignore it rather than telling him to stop. He continues for a while then spits again and says "I said PSST PSST. You hear me?" I ignore him and he says it again. So I responded with "Yes, I hear you."
It's quiet again for a few seconds until we pass a Wawa. Then I hear "That NOT a Wawa. That's a store." I respond with "OK" and am met with silence for the rest of the ride home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like fun preschooler conversation! Maria is at the end of the "Why?" stage but she still gets on a roll sometimes. I usually do what you did with the favorite animal...I turn it around into a question for her. Don't you love the blossoming converstaion/vocabulary? :)
ReplyDelete