To continue this theme here's conversation we had on the way to school. We had heard the song "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" and a few minutes after Rudy was asking me what hippos eat. I told him I thought they ate grass, plants, and maybe seeds. He kept saying something over and over again that took me a while to interpret but finally I figured out he was saying "Clementines". So I said "Do hippos eat Clementines? I don't know but I guess maybe they do." He was very exasperated with me at this point, since it took me a while to figure out Clementines but he responded, "No. Clementines have seeds like hippos eat seeds."
Wow. What an amazing correlation to make.
Of course today he also told his teacher we light a menorah at home. So maybe we don't quite have a genius on our hands!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow Kathy, you are a blogger extraordinaire! 205 in 2008, i don't think i will be reading all of them to catch up. i'd be lucky to just page through and look at all the pix. Good job, keep it up. I'll send you an invite to mine if you'd like. It will make you feel great, since I'm kinda lousy at it.
ReplyDeleteAndy